12/24/13

Peppermint and Chocolate

That’s what this card reminds me of - peppermint and chocolate. The dark layers are a pretty chocolate brown, although it doesn’t show up well in the photo. I found a similar card on Pinterest and although I didn’t have the exact same candy striped paper, I had something close enough.

The Hero Arts sentiment was stamped with the same Colorbox Chianti ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I added some Impression Obsession holly and berries to the corners, and applied a bit of Christmas Red Stickles to the berries.

The banners are made using the corners of a square punch - so much easier than trying to hand cut them. I only made 3 or 4 of these but they were so easy I could have done many more. I just needed to get on with it and get the cards in the mail so they will arrive before January.

DSCN4403

Popped up on a bit of foam adhesive.

DSCN4404

I gotta have a bit of sparkle on my cards this time of year.

DSCN4405

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

May your troubles be less

and your blessings be more,

May nothing but happiness

come through your door.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. The chocolate paper was a perfect choose. I’d say this card looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love the peppermint striping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I think your cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This combination does make one think of chocolate and peppermint. I like the layers a lot. Great card. Hope your holidays were great and I hope your New Year will be as well. Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.