4/19/14

Birthday Triangles

Yep, it’s another triangle die. This time it’s  a Cover Up die from My Favorite Things and the triangles are a bit larger.

The colors on the first card were added by layering strips of card stock behind the die - that’s the easiest way to do it. Pay no attention to that tiny bit of turquoise covering up a bit of the purple. I didn’t notice it until I took the photo, and there’s no way to fix it now. So, let’s just pretend I meant to do that :-)

DSCN4773

The colors on this card were made by cutting the die from different colors and adding the individual triangles back into the die. Still pretty easy, but a little more time consuming. I love the effect, though, and since all of the triangles are the same size I have more left for another card or four.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set and I colored the letters using a Copic marker that matches the yellow card stock.

DSCN4775

I don’t remember if I mentioned it before, but one thing I love about the MFT Cover Up dies is the fact that they are 4” x 5-1/4” instead of 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”. They are easier to add to a card front and leave a little border around the outside of the die. Sometimes I have trouble putting a full size die cut on a card front without getting it crooked and they don’t all have enough solid area around the edges to allow trimming. I know, I could make the card larger, but I prefer the A2 card size.

2 comments:

  1. These look like stained glass! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Grasshopper, you have learned well. Your I meant to do that was said with such conviction! Well done!!!

    And dang, I love this die, especially since it's 4 x 5 1/4. Sigh. *updates wish list*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.