4/17/14

Hello, Hi, Hey You, Howdy, Hi There, What’s Up?

I though I’d take a little break from the birthday card posts and show you a couple of other sponged pieces. These were actually done before the birthday cards that I posted previously. These turned out so well, it made me want to do more, which is where the birthday cards came in.

I love this Hero Arts stamp and thought the square-ish format (ok, so it’s actually a rectangle) would be perfect for using Distress Inks with the new Mini Ink Blending Tool. Those little round spongy things are SO much easier to use than the old rectangle ones - they made it so easy to get the ink exactly where I wanted it on these cards.

I embossed the design with white embossing powder and just used 3 colors for sponging - Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, and Salty Ocean. Add a few sequins or gems, layer them up on some card stock and they’re done.

DSCN4763DSCN4761

It’s back to the birthday cards soon :-)

2 comments:

  1. Perfect sponging! Good to hear you like the new round tool. I haven’t tried it yet. I can see by your cards that getting into smaller areas will be much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new mini blending tool! I'm thinking of stocking up to replace the old ones I have.

    And that stamp is on my wish list. I love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.