4/23/14

The Last Birthday Cards

My birthday card stash is nice and full now. These are the last of them, at least for a while.

I used the Memory Box Merry Christmas die for quite a few of my Christmas cards and was delighted to see they had come out with a Happy Birthday die in the same format. They also have a Thank You die in this format, but I don’t have that one.

The butterfly is punched using an EK Success punch and the circle die at the bottom is a Simon Says Stamp die. I had to cut the paper apart because I had put the dies too close together on the paper, so I used some ribbon to cover up the seam. If you leave enough space between the dies they can be cut at the same time, making a really quick and easy card to make.

DSCN4762

The only difference with these 2 cards, aside form the color, is that the die on the bottom is the Piestra Tile die from Memory Box and I used some glitter tape instead of ribbon across the center.

DSCN4764

DSCN4766

That’s it for birthday cards for a while. I bought some more Perler beads and pony beads and will be melting them soon. Have any of you tried that yet? I’d love to see how yours turned out and if you were able to find some different colors.

4 comments:

  1. Why yes, I DID buy some beads! I came here to get instructions on how to melt them. :)

    Prepare to be CASEd with the fabulous birthday cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday stash is complete for a while? I need to get busy. Thank you for my gorgeous card! It’s on display. What are these beads you speak of? Google, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this die and how easy it is to make birthday cards. Love them! I have tried melting perler beads and love the result. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, This set is so crisp and clean. Love the design. Great addition to your card stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.